Be well prepared
In order to make your arrival and stay at Morena Eco Resort as smooth and comfortable as possible, we have listed a number of convenient services and tips, especially for you.
1. Tips for a smooth and pleasant arrival and departure
- Morena Eco Resort is approximately a 30-minute drive from 'Hato Airport', where your flight from the Netherlands lands and departs.
- Most tour operators arranged a convenient shuttle bus for our guests, to be sure, check with your tour operator.
- We have transportation options available for our guests.They can make a reservation for the transfer we can arrange for US $90 round trip, up to 4 persons. Please feel free to contact us by using our contact form below.
- We demand a deposit of US $100 or € 100 upon arrival from all our guests. This can be paid by credit card.
- You can specify at your arrival if you want to make use of breakfast included for a reduced rate (menu).
2. Tips and tricks for checking in and out of Morena Eco Resort
- Checking-in at Morea Eco Resort starts at 4 PM and checking-out is no later than noon.
- A late check-out is possible when our vacation apartment of villa is not needed immediately for new guests, arriving on the same day of your departure.
- This late check-out may be requested one day before departure at the earliest.
- The cost for this late check-out is $10 for every additional hour to a maximum check-out time of 6 PM ($60). This means you can check out six hours later than normal at the latest.
3. Tips & Tricks for a pleasant and comfortable stay
- Your holiday accommodation is cleaned every 3 days, including a change of bed linen and towels. You can always request fresh towels at the reception.
- All our apartments and villas have a private safe. We recommend you store all your valuable documents and belongings in it during your stay.
- It is possible te rent a microwave or oven for $5 per day.
Pets are not allowed on our Eco Resort.
- BBQ-ing is not allowed on our Eco Resort. The lively Caracasbaai, a mere 10-minute walk, has ample opportunity for your own beach BBQ.
- During some seaons of the year there can be mosquitoes on Curaçao. To protect yourself, you can hang a mosquito net over your bed and use insect repellent. Both items can be purchased at Morena Eco Resort.
- If you want to surprise your travel companion with a gift upon arrival, we can certainly help if needed. You can specify your request by using our contact form.
4. Tips for a pleasant and safe stay with young children
- Our Eco Resort features a safe kiddy pool with an adjacent playground on a sand foundation.
- To transport your small children in a practical and playful manner through the resort and to the beach, you can make use of our robust beach carts for free. These carts are available at the reception.
- We are happy to provide high chairs and cots in your villa or apartment free of charge, if you wish, and all electrical sockets (220 Voltage) in our apartments and villas are child proof.
- Baby bottles and heaters are all available, free of charge, at the reception for our smallest guests.
- We also recommend our reliable and professional babysitting services if you would like to head out child-free sometime. Our guests have been using this service for years and have always been highly satisfied.
5. Tips for the beach
- We provide all our guests with free beach tickets to Jan Thiel Beach throughout their stay, only a 5-minute walk from our own Eco Resort.
- This beach area has a spacious parking lot and 24/7 security. You can safely enjoy the vibrant beach life and the many amenities that Jan Thiel has to offer with your whole family from early morning till late in the evening hours.
- There are clean towels available at our reception on a daily basis.
- Your children can take part in the well-organized kids club with fun beach activities at Jan Thiel Beach.
6. Tips for private and public transport
- We highly recommend you rent a car, if this is a viable option for you.
This allows you to travel freely and in your own time, enjoying all the beauty and pleasures our tropical island has to offer.
- You can also make good use of the local public transport and shuttle busses that head to Jan Thiel Village and Jan Thiel Beach on a regular basis.
- The bus to town leaves right in front of Morena Eco Resort and a return ticket Morena Resort - Willemstad costs about Naf 4 - (less than 2 Dollars).